Miranda wont crash for the following reasons
- Miranda is distributed. It can lose one availability region and keep going. When a node does come up, it will receive all the information it missed.
- Each subsystem runs in its own thread. If one thread crashes, the other threads can keep going.
- Miranda uses panics instead of System.exit. That way, a lone method cannot terminate the system.
- Miranda catches Exception. So an uncaught exception wont crash the system.
- Miranda has lots of tests. So a bug is unlikely to cause trouble.