Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Bug for Netty

I have put this off for as long as I can, it's time to post a bug to the Netty project.

As many readers of this blog will know, I have had a rocky relationship with Netty. The turning point came when I saw what a sorry state SSL/TLS was in when it comes to Java.  I then posted an apology to Netty.  Nevertheless Netty may have some problems.

In particular, my attempts to use Netty with a "local certificate authority" have met with failure.  I posted my problem to Stack Overflow in hopes of finding a solution there, but after a week no one has voted for the question or (aside from Jim Garrison) commented on the question.

Since that time I discovered another networking framework called Mina.  I have created a new test up on GitHub that uses Mina and seems to work.

I have been working with someone from Netty regarding the issue, so far without result.

No comments:

Post a Comment