Saturday, February 25, 2017

To Mock or not to Mock

As part of the whole testing process, I find myself in situations where I could use a mock objects or the real thing.  I have already made some Big Mistakes by using other frameworks, and now I consider Mockito.

For those who are not familiar with it, Mockito is a framework for setting up mock objects.  It was made with my situation in mind.  The problem with it, is that you end up with blocks of code that have a lot to do with Mockito, but little to do with the system that you are testing.

On the other hand, I have ended up with large blocks of code that have a lot to do with testing Miranda, but little to do with Miranda itself. Thus the question remains: To use Mockito or  not.

I think that, at this point, I will use Mockito and if it causes any problems, I will take it out.

TLS still doesn't work. See my question on Stack Overflow for updates.

All hail netty!

No comments:

Post a Comment