Sunday, February 26, 2017

Testing...Again

One situation that I came across while writing tests for Miranda is whether I should repeat myself. This is exemplified with in the file TestFileWatcherService.java.  The problem is that the methods testCheckFiles, testFireChanged and testWatch are all the same.

The thing is that testCheckFiles also tests the fireChanged and watch methods, so these additional tests are redundant.  The question then becomes whether to repeat tests that do the same thing, or just do them once.  At first, I replicated code, but now I'm not so sure.

Going forward, I will collapse tests that do the same thing into one, since I have found that less code is a Very Good Thing.

TLS still doesn't work (see my post on Stack Overflow).

All hail netty!

No comments:

Post a Comment